By Raquél Helm
Your body is your temple and you only have one life to live. You might as well live it to your fullest potential. As winter approaches, there are many ways to stay healthy during this cold and flu season. You are your best advocate for your health, so stay informed on how to build up your immune system to be able to live the best life you want to live.
Here are a few tips to overcome flu season:
- Eat something raw everyday. You can start with any type of nuts such as almonds, walnuts or sunflower seeds. Of course fruit is always good to eat in the morning. Try to skip biscuits and pancakes and go for something raw to start your day.
- Drink your veggies. If you don’t like chewing on raw veggies, there are many ways you can blend them in a juice or smoothie. Stop by your grocery store or your favorite smoothie shop. Go green!
- Keep your nasal airways clean by using a neti or a nasal spray. Viruses can be airborne and flow through your nasal cavity and start sinus infections. Try to avoid antihistamines, but make sure you keep plenty of tissue with you.
- Inhale essential oils such as peppermint, eucalyptus and lavender. These oils can help to open up congestion as a holistic approach to healing.
- Lemons and limes are packed with Vitamin C. Squeeze any of the two in hot water and sip on this to help build up your immune system. Add honey for a little flavor. Avoid adding sugar.
- Sugar detox. Try to avoid all sugary drinks and foods until you begin to feel better. Your body will appreciate your efforts.
- If you feel the need to fast, allow your body to skip a meal and decide what time of day is it best for you to fast.
That sounds easy right? The best way to incorporate new ideas that is beneficial to your temple is to practice them daily, until it becomes routine. Your temple, will appreciate the love you give and your temple will reward you later.
*This article is not intended to prevent or cure any illness or disease. Please check with your doctor to make sure your dietary changes are right for you. Know the difference between a virus and a bacteria infection.
Stay warm and stay blessed!
One thought on “Tips to Overcome Cold and Flu Season”
Very good advice. Thank you daughter. 😍